Prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: 5 hours, Serves: 4
1 cup chicken broth, fat free
2 cups potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 cup corn
1 onion, peeled & chopped
1 bay leaf
½ tsp marjoram
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup skim milk
10½ oz. minced clams, undrained
2 tsp cornstarch
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, corn, onion, bay leaf, marjoram, salt and pepper
to the cooking pot, stir to mix.
- Add the lid and set to slow cooking on high. Cook 4-5 hours or until potatoes are
tender. Discard the bay leaf.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Return to the
- Stir in ¾ cup milk and clams. Cover and cook another 15 minutes.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together remaining milk and cornstarch until
smooth. Stir into chowder and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 267, Total Fat 4g, Total Carbs 34g, Net Carbs 31g, Protein 23g, Sugar 6g,
Sodium 348mg, Potassium 1014mg, Phosphorus 382mg