Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 30 minutes, Serves: 4
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
½ cup red onion, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups long grain rice
3 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp. cumin
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 lb. cod, cut in bite-size pieces
½ cup peas, cooked
4 tbsp. pimento, chopped
4 tsp cilantro, chopped
- Add the oil to the cooking pot and set to sauté on med-high.
- Add the garlic, onion, and peppers, and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomato paste, and seasonings, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer
- Add the fish, recover the pot and cook 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is
absorbed. Turn off the cooker and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve: spoon onto plates and top with cooked peas, pimento and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 282, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbs 35g, Net Carbs 33g, Protein 4g, Sugar 5g,
Sodium 1249mg, Potassium 352mg, Phosphorus 84mg