Prep time: 20 minutes, cook time: 4 hours, Serves: 8
4-5 lb. chicken, whole
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tbsp. butter, unsalted
1 tbsp. olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cups skim milk
1 tsp thyme
Zest of two large oranges
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and oil to the cooking pot and set to sear on med-high.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a
- Add the garlic and cinnamon to the ppot and cook about 2 minutes, stirring
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to mix. Return the chicken to the
pot and turn to coat.
- Add the lid and set to slow cook on high. Cook 4 hours or until chicken is cooked
through and tender. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 176, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbs 4g, Net Carbs 3g, Protein 17g, Sugar 1g,
Sodium 208mg, Potassium 191mg, Phosphorus 131mg