Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes, Serves: 8
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tbsp. light butter
½ cup onion, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 ½ cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
3 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
½ cup evaporated milk, fat free
2 tbsp. flour
4 slices refrigerated crescent rolls, low fat
- Spray an 8-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Add the butter to the cooking pot and set to sauté on med-high to melt.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook 3-5 minutes until they start to soften. Add
vegetables, chicken, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to mix. Bring to a simmer and
cook 5-6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Stir into the chicken
mixture and cook 3-5 minutes until thickened. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Add the rack to the cooking pot. Arrange slices of dough on top of the chicken
mixture with widest part of dough on the outside edge.
- Place the pie on the rack and add the tender-crisp lid. Set to bake on 375°F. Bake
20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 203, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbs 17g, Net Carbs 15g, Protein 21g, Sugar 4g,
Sodium 197mg, Potassium 318mg, Phosphorus 187mg