Prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes, Serves: 6
1 tbsp. cumin
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp pepper
2 lb. chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, quartered
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. orange zest
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup chicken broth
4 chipotle peppers, divided
3 tbsp. adobo sauce, divided
1 bay leaf
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. milk
¼ tsp garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and
pepper, mix well.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasonings on both sides.
- Add the oil to the pot and set to sear on medium heat. Add the chicken and sear
both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook 2 minutes or until onions are lightly browned
on all sides. Return the chicken to the pot along with orange zest, orange juice, lime
juice, broth, 2 peppers, 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, bay leaf and cilantro, stir to mix.
- Add the lid and set to pressure cook on high. Set the timer for 10 minutes. When
the timer goes off release the pressure naturally.
- Add the mayonnaise, milk, remaining peppers and adobo sauce, garlic powder and
remaining salt to a blender. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the chicken to a work surface and shred using 2 forks. Place in a large
bowl and mix in ¼ cup of the cooking liquid. Place in the fryer basket and return to
- Add the tender-crisp lid and set to broil. Cook 5 minutes, then add the chipotle
sauce and stir to mix. Broil another 5-6 minutes, if chicken gets too dry and a little of
the cooking liquid. Serve with your favorite fixings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 372, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbs 6g, Net Carbs 5g, Protein 35g, Sugar 2g,
Sodium 568mg, Potassium 615mg, Phosphorus 344mg