Prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes, Serves: 8
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped fine
¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 cup Andouille sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
2 cup chicken, cooked & shredded
16 oz. whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
1 ½ cups skim milk
½ cup parmesan cheese, low fat
1 tbsp. cornstarch
¼ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- Add the oil to the cooking pot and set to sauté on med-high heat.
- Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook until they soften.
- Add the sausage and cook 5 minutes, until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until heated
- Stir in the pasta and milk and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add to the pot
and cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 359, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbs 42g, Net Carbs 37g, Protein 23g, Sugar 5g,
Sodium 457mg, Potassium 214mg, Phosphorus 379mg