Cooking Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
2/3 cup sugar, shaved
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup flour
1 ripe banana, mashed
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. baking soda
Sea salt to taste
sugar to taste, shaved
Walnuts to taste, roughly chopped
Bananas to taste, sliced
- Pre-heat the Air Fryer to 360°F.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and а pinch of sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, vanilla extract and sugar using an
electrical mixer or а blender, to achieve a fluffy consistency. Beat in the eggs
one at a time.
- Throw in half of the flour mixture and stir thoroughly. Add in the mashed
banana and continue to mix. Lastly, throw in the remaining half of the flour
mixture and combine until a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer the batter to a baking tray and top with the banana slices.
- Scatter the chopped walnuts on top before dusting with the sugar
- Place a sheet of foil over the tray and pierce several holes in it.
- Put the covered tray in the Air Fryer. Cook for 48 minutes.
- Decrease the temperature to 320°F, take off the foil, and allow to cook for an
additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Insert a skewer or toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out
clean, the cake is ready.