Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1/3 cup plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 egg yolks
½ ounce caster sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3¾ tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 ounce caster sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- For cake: in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well
- Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- For meringue: in a clean glass bowl, add all the ingredients and with an
electric whisker, whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1/3 of the meringue into flour mixture and with a hand whisker, whisk
- Fold in the remaining meringue.
- Set the temperature of air fryer to 355 degrees F.
- Place the mixture into an ungreased chiffon pan.
- With a piece of foil, cover the pan tightly and poke some holes using a fork.
- Arrange the cake pan into an air fryer basket.
- Now, set the temperature of air fryer to 320 degrees F.
- Air fry for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the piece of foil and set the temperature to 285 degrees F.
- Air fry for another 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pan from air fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for
about 10 minutes.
- Now, invert the cake onto wire rack to completely cool before slicing.
- Cut the cake into desired size slices and serve.